You may see a theme in this confession. And that theme may be the absolute boredom in my life. I would say I have no life, but according to every definition I could find online, technically, I have a life. I already explained my day to you, so I won't make you suffer through that again, but let me make one thing clear. If I am in Provo, the most exciting thing I do each day is watch a new episode of some Disney channel show. Now, if I so choose to venture out of the land of Provo and get away from the boring life which has become my whole life, then I may be so inclined as to say I have a life.
For example: I went to Sandy for two weekends in a row, spending Thursday through Tuesday both weekends. Now, that was fun. I did something other than lounge and vegetate in front of my oh so tiny television. Previous to those weekends, I went to Holladay for a weekend.
This is where I expect some eyes to water up and a few gentle tears to roll quietly down your faces. Ok, so I am joking. But if you lived my life, you'd be disappointed you changed your mind too. I was planning on taking a little vacation (driving down after work on Friday, and coming back late Sunday night) to Lake Powell with my dad's friend Steve Smith and his family. Steve even tempted me by letting me know he had "bought some new toys" for the weekend. I really wanted to go, but as we all know I don't like driving at night (and for the sake of all others on the road at night, I will spare your life, and not drive). And since I couldn't find any loyal friends to go down with me (I am pretty sure I just don't really have any friends right now), I canceled my little vacay, and stayed in good old provo.
So instead of soaking up the sun, jet skiing, wake-boarding, and splashing in the waters of Arizona, I had the most boring weekend you could ever imagine. Ok maybe not the most boring, but compared to what it could have been... Friday after work I sat on the couch and did nothing until I fell asleep at 11. Then Saturday morning I woke up at 6 and cleaned my apartment. Then I laid around and did nothing. At 6, my friend Joe Denker came over and we make dinner. All my roommates were gone, so that was good cause it made my life a lot less awkward. So we made pizza, pasta salad, cut fresh cantaloupe, had biscuits with jelly, and chatted it up while we indulged ourselves. Then we went to Ozz which was way fun. Last night Goodnight Annabelle and Benjamin Burton opened for j.wride. J.wride is one of my all time favorite bands. Not only do they have a whole heck of a lot of talent, but they have an extremely unique sound. If you want to check them out just take a look here or here. I just love their music, and lucky for me, and anyone else who likes their sound, they are about to come out with a CD. Last night, they played some newer stuff, and I was so impressed. I always love their stuff, but last night, they blew me out of the water. They sounded just incredible. So thank you Joe for accompanying me on that date to see j.wride. The music was incredible, but the company, was even better :)
Saturday I also started working on my newest little fad of a hobby. I made one for Jesse, and Nathan (it was Nathan- the manager of j.wride,'s birthday yesterday). Unfortunately Nathan's was a little too big, but I hope he doesn't mind. I would like to thank those at the Dahl Family reunion who taught me how to make these cool bracelets. And for the record Mandi and Nick, I have learned to make thick and wide ones. Yesss. Be jealous.
And now it is Sunday, my most favorite day of the week. I have nothing I have to do. I have plenty of things I can do, but there is little stress and little pressure. I only have one thing on today's t0-do list. That is head over to Jesse Wride (lead singer and pianist for j.wride)'s apartment later. He and I are working on something for my dad's birthday.
WARNING:: Baker family, do not allow Mister D. Bryce Baker to read this next part. Thank you.
For his birthday (which is tomorrow!) I am working with Jesse on writing and performing my dad's own arrangement of his favorite song "Come Thou Fount". I hope he likes his gift. And seeing as I am in Utah, and he is in Virginia, that is the best I can do.
Ok, so sorry there is nothing interesting in my life these days. Hopefully next post I will have a little more to say. I am getting excited for this weekend, and next post, you will understand why :)
"Somebody's boring me. I think it's me." - Dylan Thomas (So maybe my life isn't that boring after all. Maybe I need to give myself a break, and just have fun with life... You know what? That's exactly what I intend to do.)
Anyways, thats all from this teenage drama queen. More confessions to come.
- J

ps. Bakers, Dahls, and Zemps- What do you think of this as a potential design? (If you click on it, you can probably see it better. Fyi.)
Okay, that first quote about life being boring and dangerous at the same time is seriously so funny. I cracked up. :) So I hope you'll share your dad's present with us. I love that song too! :) Happy Birthday to Uncle Bryce! :)
ReplyDeleteI remember being bored A LOT before I finally decided that if everyone else wants to be boring, FINE, but I WONT BE. Hence I stay busy, um, pretty much all the time. It helps to have a special someone, though, because doing stuff alone just isn't as fun. So until you find your Knight in Shining Armor, here are some ideas for ya:
ReplyDeletehttp://samueljanae.blogspot.com/2009/03/nothing-to-do-in-utah.html