I would like to state the accomplishments I have reached this past week:
- I went out in public for the first time since my surgery.
- I showered/bathed all by myself.
- I dressed myself for the first time.
- I am almost able to sleep through the night.
- I am pretty much off percoset.
- I used my right arm to type this blog post (supposedly its healthy to do so).
What a week I would say!
Although... I am still in quite a bit of pain, and am up to missing 3 weeks of school now. Will I ever catch up?! I need you to keep me in your prayer now more than ever... This is a struggle I am drowning dealing with. It is hard knowing I am missing work (aka not making any money), not attending school (aka failing school), and missing out on a lot of life's events...
I did attend one event I would like to share this week:
Friday night was our ward's valentine's formal event. We were each paired with someone from our ward. I was paired with Shey (mentioned in an earlier post). We kind of doubled with his cousin and another girl in my ward. He picked me up, crippled and all. I went to the dinner and ate two large plates of salad, roll, and lasagna. We chatted, I caught up with some people in the ward I hadn't seen in a while, and life was good. (Besides the point that I was dying in pain, even taking a lot of pain meds.) Then there was the "dance" part. Seeing as I only had one arm, dancing was awkward. So we got our picture taken, and we had so much fun doing that- making random/weird poses and just being insane! Then we played some games in the game room. Afterwhich we went to the dance for a little bit. Some friends dedicated a song as a "one armed dance" because I only had one arm of course.. and I had a few slow dances with Shey. Of course it was a little awkward being one armed and having the brace/sling on and everything, but he was such a good sport and danced with me anyways :) What a champ. So yes, I was in a lot a lot a lot of pain, but yes, I had a lot of much needed fun. So thank you Shey- for going with a cripple, in pain, to a dance, where I may have been a lame date and danced awkward, but for still making it an unforgettable evening.
Anyways- not much else has happened seeing as all I do all day is sleep, watch movies, and eat... Unless you can count watching 'Forever Strong' 9 times doing "something".
Thanks for reading, feel free to comment on my lame life...
Anyways- that's all from this teenage drama queen. More confessions to come.
- J
First of all, you looked GREAT last night.
ReplyDeleteSecond, I'm surprised you say you were in so much pain because it didn't show on your face at all. Nor in your dancing. :)
Sweet dreams, and continue to improve!