Congratulations readers! You are reading the 100th post on this blog! :) Exciting, I know. And I apologize for not writing more often... I'm the worst, I know. But I am trying, so give me a break. Danke.
Okay, so January.
First of all, I started the Winter 2012 semester at BYU. And man oh man, it is HARD. School is going to kill me this semester... I am in 5 classes, all very demanding ones. There are a lot of assignments and projects and out of class events. Plus, one of my classes is a capstone class that you're supposed to take your senior year... Whoops... My bad. This definitely isn't my senior year. As a matter of fact, I have atleast 2 years left after this semester including the majority of my GE's...
Second, my job shift changed. I was getting a little depressed because school was so hard, and I had no social life, and I just felt so.. well.. sad. But, it turns out that my coworker couldn't keep his shift because he got a TA job. He usually worked S/Su 6am-3pm. And I worked S/Su 12pm-9pm. SOOOO... We did a little job sharing thing. So I took his shift Sundays, so now I just work once a week on Sundays from 6am-3pm, and he worked Saturdays- the same time. Then, they hired a third guy to work the evening shift both Saturday and Sunday. Can I just tell you this has made ALL THE DIFFERENCE. Seriously. Like wow. I finally have time to live my life! It's such a relief.
You wanna hear about my dates, I know you do...
Michael Huefner- We went on a group date and we went to a room in the HFAC and acted out a Greek tragedy. It was one of the most hilarious dates I've ever been on. I laughed the entire time. Then we went out for pitas at Pita Pit. Most everyone got gyros, but I got a hummus pita. So good.
Sean Good- We doubled with my sister Natalie and her husband Kenny. We went to Spark. It's a real neat atmosphere, it's different from anything else in Provo while still bringing in a slightly indie theme. Natalie and Kenny got chips and guac and a dessert to share. Sean and I both got drinks and then a dessert to share. It was a lot of fun and really gave Sean and I a chance to catch up.
Trace Stay- We went to lunch at Noodles and Company. I gave him 3 choices because I'm a picky eater and wanted to make sure we went somewhere I'd be able to eat the food. So, he chose Noodles, and I had the buttered noodles with chicken and a side salad with cucumbers and tomatoes. He got some kins of pasta with tofu. I even tried tofu! I know, you're impressed! :) To be honest I didn't really like it. It tasted like extremely bland chicken. And I wasn't a fan.
Twas a fun month with dates. Wanna know what else I did? I went with a group of kids in my ward to the Event on BYU campus. There was a dance party, and there was a laser tag thing which was kinda fun. (My team lost though.) There were some inflatable obstacle courses and karaoke and other stuff too, but I mostly hung at the dance.
I went to the BYU basketball game early and saved seats for Natalie, Kenny, Addie, and then Sam and his girlfriend joined us. It was a fun game- we won :)
I also got to start going to family Sunday dinners at my Aunt Carol and Uncle Dave's house. I used to go all the time, but with my old work schedule, I couldn't go cause I worked! But now I can go :)
Also, last night I hung out with my friend Jake. We went ice skating at Seven Peaks (It was 2-for-1, so it cost 6.50 for the both of us), then got ice cream from Coldstone (he had a giftcard), went to Shopko and got drinks and snacks (2.38 each), and then went and saw a movie at the dollar theater (With my student ID, it was only 1.25 for the movie). It was some of the most fun I've had in a while. We had time to just talk and hang out and it was a total blast.
So pretty much I'm finally having a social life, but unfortunately, school is going to kill me. I'm totally stressing. Pray for me, please?
Anyways, that's all for now. More confessions to come.
- J

Jenna! you are amazing!!! :):):) I miss you a ton!!!
ReplyDelete-Melanee Guymon