Thursday, October 15, 2009

"'Cause I get a thousand hugs from ten thousand lightning bugs as they try to teach me how to dance."

(**Ok guys, I know this post is long, but I couldn't help myself. I got carried away. So you can feel free to skim anything that doesn't appeal to you. Ha ha.)

If anyone is familiar with iTunes, more specifically Genius on iTunes, you probably know how awesome it is! I decided to Genius all the artists I posted last week and found some more incredible artists. If you are interested in getting their names, just ask me. These new ones might be even better than the ones I posted as my favorites. Gosh I love good music!

I am trying to expand the "BlueJs", the group I am in with Jon Young, and so we are recruiting. Meanwhile I am trying to write new music. I have heard from a few interested individuals, so we will see if they are 'good enough' for us, aka if they mesh well and if we can all have good chemistry together. If you know of anyone interested in sharing their musical talents with the world, send them my way. Thanks people.
So guess what everyone?! We have another Tweety Bird in our midst. Aka, another chipmunked face, tweety bird cheeked chica. Miss Natalie Baker got her wisdom teeth out on Tuesday morning. Let me just say that even though this process was more than exhausting for the both of us, I would not want to trade it for ANYTHING! From the first moment she was wheeled out, I knew this was gonna be a crack up. She looked terrible, like a mixed of being drugged, and really exhausted (both of which she was). But it was just awesome. I mean, I almost cried at first cause it was just so sad. But then she started talking, and I could NOT stop laughing. She was saying the most ridiculous things, and she kept asking how she got where she was. The nurse would answer her questions, questions I couldn't even understand, and then re-answer them again and again. "How did I get here?" "Natalie, don't you remember, you got in this chair and we wheeled you out here." "Wait, How did I get here?" "Remember how you got in this chair for me?" ... etc. It went on and on. And there were the most hilarious things ever. I won't share them due to the fact that she might kill me if I do, but oh my goodness!! :) Another funny thing was that she did not remember anything. She kept asking me questions, and after I'd answer them and tell her I'd already answered the question, she'd be like "really?!" and I'd be like, yeah... BAHAHAHAHA. Poor poor pitiful Natalie. I can't even imagine the pain this puffy faced lady is feeling. But lets just say I am doing my best to tend to her. (The first night neither one of us got like any sleep, so as the week goes on we end up putting on Gilmore Girls and falling asleep all throughout the day. Meaning, we are getting the worst sleep ever. Poor child, she is hungry and tired and in pain, and it is just no fun.

Warning to all of those who will at some point in the future get their wisdom teeth out: You will need someone to tend after you and take care of you. The first 24 hours more than later, but still. I can't even imagine Natalie doing this on her own. Its just too hard. So to all of you who will have to tend after these sicklings, it WILL be worth it. And they NEED you. So be nice.

So since Natalie is all ill and everything, we have spent the week at Ole and Dena's. Janae and Sam and their MORE than adorable children are here as well.

Lets just say that it has been an interestingly precious week. We're pretty sure Seara had the flu or something, and Enoch likes to cry randomly a lot more than usual (but he is still the most adorable kid in the world... no I'm not biased, or am I?), and Elijah is just as insane and crazy and cute as usual. Am I complaining about these kids? NO WAY! I mean, at times it get a little crazy and loud, but these kids are so freaking adorable its not even crazy. I mean, little Enoch as he runs around giggling, Elijah as he builds towers and other things with blocks, and Seara as she talks about herself on the third person.... Its so adorable that you can't help but love them even if they are a little loud. I feel such a love and connection for these kids, I feel like I know them so well.

And with little Enoch- I am like obsessed (in a good way). I knew him while he was still growing pre-birth without a name, I was there when he was born and held his precious arms straight up no matter what, through when he sucks his thumb with his left hand and puts his right hand on his ear or on his other hand. I saw him as he was scooting, and crawling. I was there when he was just starting to walk, stumbling as he tried his best to stand. I heard the kid cry, mumble, and say words. I saw him from eating nothing, to eating rice and lasagna. From no teeth, to a few cute teeth. And most recently I have seen him running around chasing (or rather being chased) by his big brother. I love little Enoch, and his cute little strawberry blonde hair is so adorable that I can't help but smile :) Three things I love most about him: 1) His smile when he laughs or giggles, 2) How ticklish he is underneath his chin on the right side, 3) How he loves to say "MaMa" and "uh-ho" over and over, especially "mama", like a million times. Goodness I love Janae and Sam's kids. What an adorable bunch of children.

So I think I've babbled long enough...

Anyways, thats all from this teenage drama queen. More confessions to come.

- J

2 comments:

  1. Jwride is recruiting also. why not join forces? that seems smartest.

    thanks for taking care of of natti. i really feel for both of you. hang tough, it should be getting a little better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nat is so cute! I'm glad you guys have been up here, it has definitely made things more interesting for us - and I *love* having the extra sets of hands! Maybe you could move in permanently! ;)

    ReplyDelete