This weekend one of my absolute best friends came into town. She was my RA during spring term at BYU, and we had so many great memories and times together. She lives in Arizona, and after being an RA spring/summer she headed home for a semester. Let me just say I was ecstatic to find out she was visiting, and I made sure I would give her all the time I could. I got to see her yesterday and we just did random fun stuff. First we just talked and did a mini catch up session, then we went to jamba juice. Meanwhile, I was showing off my intensely awesome moonwalking skills. Lets just say I have gotten pretty good. I can now not only moonwalk backwards and in circles, but I can now go forwards and sideways. I am in the process or waring (sp?) down a pair of adidas for my official moonwalking shoes. I am making great progress. Afterwards we decided to roam Helaman Halls to try to find some old friends who are freshman. We had pretty much zero luck. The only person we found was Michael Slawson! who had to leave like right after we saw him. Don't worry... he was doing something worth ditching us for- going to the temple.
Afterwards, I went to the Alford's house in Springville. We got together with all the Rolling Valley people, young and old, who have ever lived in the ward. It was so cool to see all these people. My favorite part was seeing a certain couple that has been the view of marriage that I hope to have. I mean, ever since I was little, they were the "perfect couple" in my mind. They still seem pretty perfect ;)

Today was one of the best churches I ever went to. Every minute of every hour was filled with remarkable comments, quotes, stories, and the spirit. Usually I go through my snack bag pretty quick, ha ha, but this sunday I kind of forgot about the snacks half way through. Ever speaker and teacher was incredible. Thank you for an awesome sunday!
Now thats all from this teenage drama queen. More confessions to come.
- J
Did you know that Marie Alford was in my freshman ward at Helaman Halls? She and I were in the RS presidency together for the entire year. Darling girl. I'm glad that happy things are happening now! Hope they continue to go up from here!
ReplyDeleteThe Ingrid song sounds really familiar. Was it in a commercial or something? p.s. The music video for it is creepy.
ReplyDeleteThe Vanessa Carlton song sounds really familiar too. Why?
I haven't ever heard any of Sara Bareilles' songs except for "Love Song". It was fun hearing a different sound to her.
The Joshua Radin/Ingrid song is fun. I like.
Wow. The One Republic song is different than I expected. I was thinking it would sound more like stop and stare and apologize. Its more calmish I think.
I really like the sound of Rosi Golan's voice. Very pretty.
I really like your selection of music. I'm glad you are finding all these singers that you like so much. I'm basically boring when it comes to my favorite singers. But I don't really care. :)
Well, that was a fun waste of time. Thanks Jen. :)
You seem to be having a fun life. Lucky you. :)