
I have a dilemma. I can not decide whether to stay or go. Aka, whether to reside in Provo for the spring/summer, or head back to VA. There are pros and cons to both (below are listed some of each).
STAY IN PROVO
Pros:
- Spring/summer is SUPER fun in Provo
- I'd probably be guaranteed a job (could get between 20-40 hrs hopefully)
- Would be around friends from my ward the past 10 months
- Could be around cute boys;)
- Be around to support and help out j.wride
- Continue to work on creating stable relationships with friends out here
Cons:
- Stuck in the same routine
- Not have support of family
- Miss my good friend's wedding in NC this summer
GO HOME TO VA
Pros:
- Be around my family (including nat's wedding and katie's baby)
- Get out of this small town and go to a more familar place
- Have the road trip of a life time!
- Have a better healing process post-surgery with help of family
- See the new Twilight movie with Keva:)
- Finally have some down time/no pressure time
- Get some ASL classes taken at NOVA
Cons:
- I'd miss my friends in UT
- I'm used to things here and the weird utah ways
- I might not get a job
- I'd be living in a house with my youngest and oldest sister
(If you know us... you know that's asking for trouble.)
Here's the deal... You might look at this list and be like "DUH!" but I can't see the "duh" in this, so if you do, make your vote and help me out. I'm getting no clear answer either way, and i'm feeling uneasy about both. So PLEASE give me your advice or suggestions and help me out a little.
Thank you so much, and I'd really appreciate any of your insights into the matter.
- J
p.s. The sooner your comment/suggestion, the better. So get some helping-hands points and comment... Thanks:)
honestly i'd rather you stay here in utah ;) but the question you should be asking is which one will HELP you the most and give you what you need? if you need a fun summer with support of friends who will uplift you while you're productively spending your time on a job, stay here in provo with me :)
ReplyDeleteif what you need is a summer home with your family, some healing time away from provo (from both your surgery and just from life) then go home. i know from my 4 months off that sometimes going home (while not really as fun) can be exactly what you need.
just depends on where you're at in your life right now. when you picture this summer, what is it that you want? what could you absolutely not do without? and which decision will make you most happy?
[but secretly my vote is for saying here, babe]
VA. You talk about wanting the support of your family and everybody knows how much they all love you and how much you all lift each other up and support each other. I know you wouldn't be happy if you missed Natalie's wedding or Katie's baby. Cute boys should never be a pro to stay. There are plenty of cute boys all over! Job: Substitute teach. Guaranteed 18 bucks an hour. Good luck :-)
ReplyDeleteJenna. I love you. Did I tell you that yet today? You are so amazing and you will be missed wherever you end up not being this spring and summer.
ReplyDeleteYou know what? Friends are great and fun, but family... nothing replaces them and no one will ever love you or support you like your family does. I'm almost 26 and I haven't lived at home for 7 years now and I still long to go home for the comfort found there. If you stay in Provo that would be lots of fun and I'd love that and you would for sure have tons of fun- but going home might be just what you need. Parents always know how to help their kids and they love them unconditionally.
You really shouldn't let anyone make the decision for you. Let Heavenly Father help you decide. Look at your list and decide which one you think you should do. Then pray about it. Don't just pray to know which one, but actually make a decision and then pray to know if that one is right and then you'll get your answer. You will know what you should do.
Jenna. You really are loved. So much. Oh. And I loved your pros and cons list. Great idea - whosever's that was. :)
My first thought: if you feel uneasy about both, do neither. Move to Russia instead. ;)
ReplyDeleteMy second thought: You would miss Nat's wedding if you stayed out here?! Well, I think that's a huge DUH about what you should do.
Pray. That's all I can say. :)
ReplyDeleteI still stand by what we talked about earlier. Stay for Spring. Then decide if you want to leave or not for summer.
ReplyDeleteVA! but that mostly is because i want you to come home cause i miss you.....so really, this is not the best judgement... :)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely Utah...
ReplyDeleteA. Money
B. Men
C. Marvelous
Go wherever you really want to go with the least amount of regrets. You don't want to think, "What if I stayed/went?" the whole time.
ReplyDelete