Sunday, November 24, 2013

That One Time.... Yeah, Words Aren't Enough....


Tonight I had the opportunity to go to a j.wride concert in Spanish Fork, UT.

It was INCREDIBLE!!!

I got to see four of my most favorite boys:


And I got to buy myself their new album: Monsters.

I have listened to their album and I loooove it. More to come on that.


Before I get ahead of myself, let's talk about their album release concert... But let's start at the beginning-

The concert started at 7:30, I was there at 6. I wanted to make sure I got a good seat. Somehow that still didn't happen. Oh well. :)

I anxiously waited for the doors to open at 7. 

I greeted friends and strangers as they arrived. 

And then 7! Jesse's dad came by and said we could go in, so I went. I found a seat and sat surrounded by friends I'd met through j.wride concerts. It was about as good as it could be.

And that's when... Well, here I am getting ahead of myself again :) I'm just so excited.



There are three things regarding the album release that I want to focus on:


(1) How it was my favorite so far! (Out of all they've had.)

(2) The company was phenomenal.

(3) The music was incredible.



So (1) I have never been to a concert where every album has been played from. Work of Art, Indigo, Love on the Run EP, and Monsters. I was like a little kid on Christmas. I was getting every gift I wanted, and even more! It was incredible. I spent the in-between songs to text my friends and let them know how INCREDIBLE it was. I think the playing from every CD was not only brilliant on their part but was what made the concert my all time favorite.


(2) Like I mentioned before, I was surrounded by friends I'd met through j.wride. But the nice thing about waiting so long for a j.wride concert is that everyone who is there genuinely wants to be there more than anything else that could occur on a Saturday night. It was just one of those times you look around the packed room and think: wow, everyone here loves this, and I'm so happy they do.  And why was I so happy that everyone loved it?? Because I have been to a LOT of concerts the past couple months, like a lot, but there are people talking all the way through the artists every show. You hear people shushing the audience to give respect to the artists, but last night, no respect needed to be given that wasn't already earned and shown.


(3)  The music. I get chills just thinking about it. Every note played on every instrument was pure perfection.  Just When Really I Don't Expect it..... The unexpected occurs. You think, I've heard j.wride before, they're good. And just because the fates know that's what you're thinking, j.wride puts on an unbelievable show. One that should be in its own record book. None of that petty guinness world record book stuff- they surpassed that expectation last night.



So why am I telling you all this?? Because someday you're gonna look back and feel like an idiot for missing that show. But to make up for it- buy their new CD, get their SWEET new shirts, request an autographed poster ;) Just realized you messed up, and make amends.


I couldn't be more proud of these boys and how far they've come the last 4.5 years. They have become true musicians and incredible people. Okay, I'm just gonna say it, #soproud. There, I said it.

And hey- thanks boys, for never letting me down, always giving me a show to write about, and never letting me forget about you :)


- #1 FAN & friend





No comments:

Post a Comment