Wednesday, March 9, 2011

24 Hour Fast......

From technology... kind of.

Kim Hodgdon and I decided that today from midnight to midnight, we would go without our phones and our facebooks.

Last night as we sat on my couch, we were practically hyperventilating thinking about not having our phones and facebook for a whole day.

I'll tell you, I am obsessed. You probably already know that... I always have my phone on me and I check it more than frequently. Frequent would be like checking it once every hour. I check it like once every 5 minutes. So calculate how much time is wasted on my phone... and well, maybe this fast is a good thing.

And then there's facebook. Which I am more than obsessed with. I check facebook every 5-10 minutes usually. I have a ritual. I check my yahoo! mail, I check my gmail, I check facebook. I check my yahoo! mail, I check gmail, I check facebook. etc. etc. When I sit on facebook this is what happens....

Refresh.
Refresh.
Like that. Like this. Like that. Like this.
Refresh.
Like some more stuff.
Refresh.
Refresh.
Like this. Like that. Like this. Like that.
Refresh.

etc. etc.

I have no life. And I admit that.

It's kind of sad actually... That I waste so much time on such a pointless thing. It would be different if I were catching up with someone, or posting pictures, or doing something of real value. But wasting time "liking" everything everyone posts... Kind of pitiful. I have issues. I realize that now.. ;)


BUT HEY!

Want to know what I have accomplished by 10 in the morning while on my fast?
- Eat breakfast
- Help mom check DVDs for errors
- Watch a TV episode
- Write a song
- Blog a little

Okay, so that's not THAT much, but it is only 10 am... the day is young, and there is still time to do a lot of things. A lot of things that I usually wouldn't have the time to do. Instead, I have all the time in the world.

So, what do you think I should do on this fine day?
- Start writing my book
- Clean the backyard "toys"
- Work on finishing my quilt (for personal progress)
- Read a lot of scriptures for personal progress
- Write another song
- YOUR CHOICE

Tell me, I honestly would like to know.
And don't tell me over facebook, cause I won't know.
Leave a comment, or call my house phone.
                                                   703.866.9298

Thanks, and have a marvelous day!

Anyways, that's all for now. More confessions to come.

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment