Well, I did it! 24 hours without my phone or my facebook. Wanna know something sad though? When I turned my phone back on... My only texts were my horoscopes. When I checked facebook.... My only notifications were from my sister Molly. I decided I'm pretty lame.
I also noticed, thanks to my sister Katie, at the bottom of the blog I said "text me" but I quickly changed that to "call my house phone" because obviously, I didn't have my phone.
Yesterday I took it easy- worked on some scholarship applications. Then my friend Kim Hodgodon (who was doing the facebook/phone fast with me) came over and we moaned and groaned together- what a pitiful two we were. We decided to distract ourselves. We watch some Psych (which she'd never seen before) and then Bend It Like Beckham. We had some yummy dinner, and just hung out:) It was a lot of fun and took my mind of the whole ordeal.
This morning I will be going to quilt group with my mom where I will work on the binding of my quilt- which when I finish, will accomplish a 10-hour project for personal progress.
Oh! How could I forget. This morning, I went out in the pouring cold rain, and started cleaning some of the "toys" in our backyard. I worked on the play house. I scrubbed, and rubbed, and splashed, and worked and it went from brown (dirt) and green (algae) to white! I am quite proud of myself actually.
This afternoon I, along with my family, will join the Cochran's (Keva) to watch the BYU vs. TCU game to see who will advance in the Mountain West Conference Championship. Hopefully we beat TCU and move on, because if we have 3 more wins, we win the conference and will hopefully have a higher seed for the NCAA National Championship. And for those of you who are confused... I am talking about College Basketball! GO BYU!!
Anyways, that's all for now. More confessions to come.
- J
No comments:
Post a Comment