Wednesday, February 15, 2012

AWKWARD

This was too good... I had to share!

So, I was in the Provo Temple baptistry waiting to be called in for confirmations and I had a VERY spiritual experience. So far my temple trip was going real swell. I hadn't been in a while and I really felt the spirit.

THEN I went in to do confirmations and due to the length of the line, they were only doing 3 confirmations a piece. Well, on my third confirmation they started out "Sister Baker...." meanwhile one of the men stops them and says "Brother Baker"... To which the other two men replied "No, Sister Baker"... Puzzled, he then says, "Are you sure?" They replied, "Yes." And then they continued with "Sister Baker"..

You think I'd be used to this by now, but that situation has never quite happened before. First of all, I have earrings, and boys don't wear earrings in the temple. Second, my slip of paper clearly says "Sis. Baker". And last of all, did you not notice the first 2 times that the other men said "Sister Baker"?? Clearly, you should be paying closer attention to the prayers being said..


Which reminds me.

The other day in my Event Planning class, we had a guest speaker. He, in front of the 60 people class, said ".... Like this gentleman in the back with the More Project sticker...." I did indeed have a More Project sticker, but unlike this gentleman's assumption, I was not a gentleman. Let alone a gentle woman.   #Offended.


Anyways, that's all for now. More confessions to come.

- J

1 comment: