Sunday, June 5, 2011

That One Time I Didn't Update My Blog... again!

Well, it sure has been a while since I last wrote, hasn't it?? I apologize. I guess I decided that my life wasn't worth writing about. If you know me at all, you probably know that is not the case- that I just let the downs in life take over and well... I went two and a half months without letting you know how I was feeling, what I was up to. But that's gonna change. I promise. I'm sick of feeling down and sorry for myself for no good reason. I happen to love life! And I want that to show in my blog:)

So, what have I been up to the past few months?? Mainly just working on my independent study class (D&C) and prepping for EFY. OH! I don't think I ever told you that. Did you know that starting in 3 weeks I will be an EFY counselor?! For approximately five weeks in Virginia at Southern Virginia University, then I fly out to Utah where I'll be an EFY counselor for two weeks in Provo! Isn't that the best ever?! :) While I'm an EFY counselor, I'll post every weekend with updates so you know how it went, and how it's going. I'll also try to post pictures of my group and my adventures.

Well, I did something kind of neat recently that I'd like to share! I had the pleasure of going with my good friend Ariel Stong to a New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys Concert the other night. It was brilliant. We were in a sky box and there was all this free food and it was awesome!

Anna, Ariel, Me at the start of the night!

Ariel, Anna, Me

Me, Ariel being silly

Jordin Sparks!

Me, Ariel, Anna :D

Me, Ariel, Anna all being weird

New Kids On The Block

NKOTBSB

Backstreet Boys

Me with NKOTBSB

Anna, Me

NKOTBSB w/ Confetti

Anna, Ariel, Me at Metro

Real crowded metro on the way home.

Ariel, Me, Anna
Awesome, huh?? :) It was the best night I've had in months! We rode Metro into D.C. to Chinatown where we walked to the Verizon Center for the concert. We got to the entrance where security nearly gave me a heart attack when they told me my camera was too big to take in to the concert. I spent a few minutes convincing them it wasn't some fancy camera, that it was just a digital camera, and finally some superior came over and explained the camera lens was under three inches and I could in fact take in my camera. Whoooooooo. Sigh of relief! We went up a level and found suite 213 where we would be viewing the concert. There were hot dogs, and chicken wings, and sandwiches, and vegetables, and sodas, and shrimp. It was incredible! There was also a lot of wine and beer and people were drinking a lot. It was insane. Don't worry, I didn't drink ;) Anyways, the concert started and Jordin Sparks (from American Idol) opened for NKOTBSB. She was amaaaazing! When the show was over, we crammed into the most crowded I've ever seen the Metro, and headed back home. What a night! :)

Anyways, that's all for now. More confessions to come.

- J

2 comments:

  1. Jenna! Looks like fun :) and you look beautiful in all those pictures! Miss you girl and hope life is treating you well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good concert! SO glad you were feeling well enough to go. Does that mean chemo is finished? As for being an EFY counselor...that pretty much rocks. I always wanted to do that but never had the opportunity. I am looking forward to the weekly blog posts! Hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete