Sunday, June 12, 2011

That One Time I Stressed A LOT.

So, a few days ago- Thursday to be exact, I got an email from a girl named Kayla, who is the coordinator for EFY. While reading the email I happened to notice that the report date for EFY was a whole week sooner than I was planning on, sooooo I frantically double and triple checked the calendar and freaked out for like 3 hours. You see, I had doctor's appointments, and an MRI scheduled, and a lot of free time to work on my independent study class, and I was going to sing in my ward's sacrament meeting... It was all fun and dandy until I realized I had just over a week, just 9 days, to get EVERYTHING done.

Everything I thought I'd have 16 days to do. And for some reason 16 days felt like a month, and those 9 days have shrunk down to 6 days and it feels like I'll be gone tomorrow. So, in these 6 days, I have to study for my midterm, get an MRI, go to a doctor's appointment, have a photoshoot, take that midterm for my class, go out for dessert with one of my best friends, aaaaand pack. Pack, you say? Easy peasy, right? WRONG. I have to pack for a month of EFY, and pack for college. If you know me at all, you know I own a thousand pairs of shoes, and 2 chest of drawers plus a closet full of clothes, a guitar, a keyboard, and a whole heck of a lot of junk that I really really like:) How am I going to fit all that in 2-3 suitcases? I HAVE NO IDEA.

And why do I have to pack for all that now? Because I'm going to EFY for 5 weeks and when I return I have less than 12 hours to pack (and sleep) before I fly to Utah to do another 2 weeks of EFY in Provo. So I pretty much have to have everything ready to go so I'm not having a panic attack while feeling more and more stressed.

Oh, and a side note- The doctor's appointment I have is to see whether or not I will have to continue on chemo for the next 6 months. Jaw drop? Mine did too when I was told I might not be done with chemotherapy. That would be THE worst. Seriously. So, I'd appreciate it if you'd fast or even just pray for me tomorrow (when I have the MRI) and Tuesday (when I meet with my oncologist). Your thoughts and prayers during this very overwhelming time would be very much appreciated.

So, thank you for your continued friendship and love. You mean the world to me.

Anyways, that's all for now, more confessions to come.

- J

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the life update and good luck!!! When you're in Provo we should try to do something or you should come and visit me in the bookstore with your efy kiddos! :) And I will pray super super hard for no more chemo! That would be the absolute worst..GAH! :( I love you Jenny and I know you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, babe, I'm so sorry. I hope they say you're done!!! And good luck getting everything done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO sorry about the chemo....prayers are heading your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry, hun! Praying for you. <3 Have a great time at EFY!

    ReplyDelete