After all the EFY kids went home, and the counselors had their business meeting, and we all took a nap:), a group of us went to this place called Panther Falls. It was awesome, except for the fact that the water was FREEZING. I put my toes in the water and shivered. I was determined not to go in the water. As a matter of fact, I watched all my friends jump in the water, jump of cliffs into the water, dive into the water, and slide into the water.
I kept my camera on me and got some great shots. But I told them I wasn't getting in. As the hours passed, I started wondering if I should go in the water. I knew that if I didn't go in, I would regret it, so my friend Ariel grabbed my hand and we jumped in together. It was beyond freezing! I honestly, and literally, had trouble breathing at first because it was so cold. Ariel kept saying "Are you okay?! Are you okay??" I kept nodding but I seriously thought I was gonna die. Finally I was able to breath and the water was so cold and I was so numb that I couldn't feel my body any more. Which was good because I was able to stand staying in the water.
I swam over to the waterfall and sat there on the slippery rocks with the other counselors and just kept saying "I'm so glad I decided to come in the water". Ariel, Hollie and MaKenna just smiled.
It was one of the neatest things I've ever done.
 |
| Hollie, MaKenna, Whitney, Karl, Kristen, Me, Sean, Christian |
 |
| Ariel, Me, Melanee |
 |
| Me and Ariel |
 |
| Me and Ariel |
 |
| Hollie, MaKenna, Me, Melanee, Ariel |
 |
| Christian, Hollie, Kristin, Whitney, Dax, Megan, Will, MaKenna, Karl, Me, Ariel, Melanee, Sean |
 |
| Co's! MaKenna and Me |
 |
| Co's! Sean and me |
 |
| Whitney (health counselor), Kristin (building counselor), Me |
 |
| Megan, Ariel, Hollie, Me |
Anyways, that's all for now. More confessions to come.
- J
Jen!! This is just too great...Hollie was my roommate freshman year and is also one of my best friends! I'm so glad you guys are counselors together! We're gonna all have to hang out when you both get back :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed both your posts. I'm THRILLED that everything has been going so well. You are awesome!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you decided to go in the water! It looks like a lot of fun. Cute pictures too.
ReplyDelete:] I know the feeling.
ReplyDeleteovernight hikes for girls camp always included swimming in some of the most freezing waters i have ever encountered.