Friday, April 20, 2012

That One Time I Said Goodbye To My Best Friend

For those of you who read my blog regularly, you'd remember my co-counselor Sean from my first week of EFY last summer when I was a counselor at Southern VA University. I was so freaking nervous and I felt like I didn't have a clue what to do, but Sean was so good to me, and he talked to me and calmed me down and was a total gem. He's from New Hampshire, and I found out he'd be returning to BYU in Provo, juuust like me. And that made my life. We quickly became really close friends and I just couldn't imagine my life without him. That's when I would skype with him, and chat with him, and text him, all the time.

This post isn't about how fast of friends we became, it's about the person I've become just knowing Sean.  And I'm blogging about him because I just had the unfortunate displeasure of saying goodbye... Sean leaves for his internship in Vegas in the morning. But back to the point of this blog post... I feel like he's made me a better person. I truly believe that I have set higher goals for myself because of the influence he's had on my life. Sounds silly, but it's true. He's just a really good person. My roommates and family had some things to say about him:

"He gets better looking the longer you look at him."


"He's a pretty cool guy!"


"He's the kind of person you always want to have around."


"When I didn't even know him, I'd be laughing at the end of the conversation because he's just so funny."


"He's just pretty much a great guy all around."


"All I know is he's been a good friend to you and you've been able to trust him and confide in him and he's stayed a strong friend."


"He's one of those people you wanna be friends with immediately.


"He makes you smile and he's funny"


"I'm sad, I'm gonna miss him!"


"He's hilarious."


"Sean is pretty awesome."

So Sean, thank you for being there for me. Especially when my world was falling apart and I didn't have anywhere else to turn. Thanks for being a shoulder to cry on and a friend to laugh with. Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for trusting me. Thank you for being a listening ear. Thanks for taking a million pictures with me. Thanks for everything! I couldn't thank you enough for all you've done for me throughout the past year. It feels like a lifetime, and I can't believe I had to say goodbye...



I love you Sean, more than you'll ever know :)












Thank you...

Anyways, that's all for now. More confessions to come.

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment