Monday, November 23, 2009

"I should be sleepin' instead dreamin' about you."

Monday I was still recovering from being in the ER. But luckily I am feeling a lot better now than I was then, so I'll count that as one of my blessings.

Tuesday there was another basketball game. It was against Idaho State and we won, of course :) But it was really fun. I sat with one of my good friend's younger brother's who turned 16 that day (Dewey), and his date, Natalie and her friend, and my friend Carter. We had a lot of fun cheering really loud and just having a blast. Afterwards Dewey got to meet the player of the game Noah Hartsock (who also happened to be one of his older brother's old companions). I set it up for him as a surprise, and he was oober excited. (See pictures below:)

Noah Hartsock and me
Me, Dewey, Dewey's lady friend, Cosmo!
Natalie, Erica, me
Carter and me!
Me, Dewey, and Dewey's lady friend

Friday my ward had a "Covember Carnival". It was our little November Carnival but since its boys and girls its "Covember". Clever, but cheesy. Anyways- it was really fun! There were all these ridiculous carnival and other games such as: cake/cupcake walk, sling the marshmallow at Goliath, "kissing" booth (like pin the tail on the donkey, but pin the kiss on the beauty- there was a poster of taylor swift and a poster of robert pattinson), "awkward games", a fishing game, etc. At the end we had a dance, and just threw marshmallows around. It was insane, and I felt like I was 6 again, but it was fantastic.

Saturday I went to the entire! Air Force vs. BYU game and celebrated our win! I was not expecting an easy win for us because of how the Air Force played Utah and TCU, but heck! We dominated. It was SOOOOOO cold though, and that is no exaggeration. Then later that night I learned to play rockband with some kids in my ward, and then my absolute best friend Michael Slawson came over to my apartment and made me his favorite meal. It was weird, but delicious. We had a grand ole time. (See pictures below:)

Nat and I at the tailgate party!
Me, Desta, and Charli at the game!
I wasn't kidding when I said it was cold!
Will, Chantal, and Me :)
Me, Charli, Jessica- Gorgeous girls!

Sunday I went to church. Fun, huh? No, Um, I talked to this guy I really admire and we had some hilarious discussions. I helped plan our December activity. It is going to be a Hawaiian Christmas Luau- catered by L&L and everything! Later I went to my Aunt Carol and Uncle Dave's house for some birthday dinner for my cousin Mariah and played phase 10. Then I came home went on a run, lost feeling in my legs, had trouble breathing, finally could breath without pain, and went to ward prayer. You say I'm crazy for running in 20 degree weather... well, yes, yes I am. Afterwards, we had our ward prayer and I talked with some of my favorite people in my ward- they are just the absolute best. I am so lucky to have the friends I do. Lucky, lucky me!


Pros of the week:
- I had a lot of fun with so many of my friends!
- We won all of our basketball games and our football game!

Cons of the week:
- I still feel sick and although overall I am better, it still is annoying.
- Everyone is getting really busy, and I am bored out of my mind in Provo.


Anyways- thats all from this teenage drama queen. More confessions to come.

- J

1 comment:

  1. That carnival thing sounds so fun. I love the "kissing booth" idea--thats really clever. you go to a lot of basketball games. dont you ever get bored? i would. :) all the pictures are super cute. i cant wait to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete