Tuesday, November 30, 2010

That One Time I Got My Tumor Removed


So, I went into the hospital at 9:00 Monday morning where I met with the Surgical Center. I then walked to Radiation, back to the Surgical Center, followed by a walk BACK to the radiation. I got an MRI done, which was supposed to be a short (15 min max) MRI, that instead turned out to be an hour long MRI.... Not good for someone who is super claustrophobic. The nurses brought me to pre-op where they got me hooked up to the IV. After pre-op, I was sent over to Surgery. While I was asleep, they put in a catheter and an artery (iv) in. When I woke up, the catheter was in still, but fortunately, the artery iv was being taken out while I was slightly not really there. Although the catheter was rather painful (especially when someone leaned on it) it came out relatively easy. When I woke up, I looked up and my mother pointed out my Teddy Bear - Harry "Jeremy" Camkn Baker. He had his head wrapped in gauze, all around. And, had a little hospital bracelet. It was adorable. Not gonna lie.

I have been very anxious!! You have no ideaaa. Just now, I was moved into a regular hospital room where I had my nasty (bloody) IV taken out, and my oh my, it just hurts SO much less! Still kills of course, but I can't complain... It DEFINITELY could be a lot worse. But, I can barely keep my eyes open and focus on what I am typing or saying. It's kinda interesting :)

I sent Elder Stokes both a birthday package, and a Christmas day package- how awesome, huh? He better like those packages! In his birthday package, I sent sour candy and a letter, etc. In his Christmas package, there were mints and Christmas bows, and a brand new tie. Which is sweeeet!

So, goodbye Winifred, my dear dear friend. It has been good while It lasted, but I understand we won't be besties forever. It just can't be. Not tumor and me. Not us, not we. So, Freddy, we have to start seeing other people. Me, other boys; You, other tumors or heads. ;)


Let me know if you have any questions, okay?
Anyways, that's all for now- More confessions to come.

- J

3 comments:

  1. So, so glad to hear it is out! I've been praying for you and will continue to pray for your recovery! LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy COW your hands look pale! Start getting some blood pumping to them, ok? And they were able to get ALL of Freddy out? Every last bit? No more surgeries?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, you have had to go through a lot. We're still praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete