 |
| Just admitted in the Hospital |
 |
| Prepping for the MRI |
|
|
 |
| Post Surgery- Day One ICU |
 |
| Top of head... You can see the wound... |
 |
| L-shaped scar! |
 |
| Feeling like crap in the ICU... |
 |
| Gourmet Dinner ;) |
 |
| Day Two - ICU |
 |
| Trying to smile... |
 |
| Hospital Room (ICU) |
 |
| Mom says it looks like a turban... This is me asleep:) |
|
 |
| Day Two - ICU... Mom even made me laugh. |
|
|
|
So, The surgeon went in and did the biopsy. He removed 10 pieces of the tumor/brain and so he got out most of the tumor. Poor Freddy is almost completely deceased. Poor tumor. He was just getting started on his life, and BAM, dead. Sad day for Freddy.
When I woke up I was MISERABLE. I was in recovery and was confused and emotional and in pain. I kept trying to pull out my breathing tube, but that's all I really remember. Next thing I knew, I was waking up in the ICU and my mommy was there. I woke up a few hours after the surgery and have been doing relatively well considering all that's happened.
My dad called me yesterday and told me not to buy into labels, that even though the doctor had carved a big "L" on my head, didn't make me a loser. My dad is a funny guy.. Speaking of my dad's funny cheesy jokes. Being in the ICU reminded me of the joke my dad would tell us when we were little and how Picabo Street used to work in the Intensive Care Unit, but finally she had to find a new job because every time she'd answer the phone, she'd say "Picabo, ICU" (Picabo, I see you)... HAHA. Oh my daddy:)
Yesterday I had 3 visitors. Jodi Dahl Wilson (my dad's cousin) came first and brought my mom some food, and brought us some things to do. Later on she brought me flowers! They're not allowed in the ICU, but I'll have them in my floor room when I get transferred this morning. Next came Uncle Dave Smith (mom's brother) who was in the neighborhood and stopped by. It was fun to see him. Plus, it gave mom a chance to run downstairs and get my stuff from the car. (Aka, I was FINALLY able to update my facebook status! Ha ha.) Then a little before 9, my friend Jennie (we were friends back in the Annandale Stake in VA) came by and brought me Chunky Monkey! It's one of my favorite ice cream flavors:)
Then at midnight, they took my down to Radiology where they did a CT scan of my brain to see if there was bleeding in the brain- apparently there isn't, so that's good news! This morning I have a splitting headache... A literally head splitting headache. Meaning, my head is split... and in pain. :)
I am pretty up for visitors. I'm exhausted though, so hopefully if you wanna come visit, I'll be awake. But, I've been up and around a little bit- using the bathroom on my own, and functioning pretty well, which is a HUGE miracle cause I am always recovering terribly from surgeries. I seriously consider myself blessed.
Anyways, that's all for now. More confessions to come.
- J
Prayers are going your way from California! I'm sorry you're having to go through this, but if anyone can deal with it and find the humor in it, it's you. (ps. I loved your dad's Picabo and loser joke! :))
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the update! We're dying to know any news about you!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to know you are surviving. Your dad's Picabo joke totally cracks me up. :) We'll keep thinking of and praying for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting everything that is happening! We are thinking of you, praying for you and think you are SUPER strong and amazing! xoxo
ReplyDelete