Me on top of the Washington Monument (55 stories high!)
Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.
Me with Molly, Natalie and Kenny (50 stories high..)
Me on top of the Washington Monument :)
Natalie and Kenny flew into town Sunday night (Natalie's birthday). Molly, Pops and Mom all went to pick them up from the airport. My mom convinced them that I was at a YSA (young single adult) activity, that Katie and Connor had to go back to MD to put Emmeline to bed, and that Allie was out with Steve. Sneakily though, we were plotting. We turned off all the lights and hid. Katie put the baby in the middle of the room (in her car seat) with a sign that said "Surprise!" And after Kenny turned on the light, and they noticed the baby, we popped out and yelled Surprise as well. They were SO excited! We sang Natalie "Happy Birthday" and ate homemade icecream cake made by Katie! It was delicious!
The next day (Monday morning) we drove into D.C. and went to the Washington Monument. I somehow convinced everyone that the building was 500 stories high... It was 55. But hey! Good for me in sounding so convincing :) It was BEYOND FREEZING. When I say it was cold, that it was freezing, that is an understatement. We were not prepared for that kind of cold. I didn't have a hat, or gloves, or a scarf or anything! Natalie, Kenny, Molly and I all stood facing eachother in a close "circle" where we tried to stay warm. It didn't work. At one point Kenny and I ran around the exterior of the building because it was our last resort to staying "warm". And by warm, I mean not getting hypothermia and dying. We FINALLY got inside, only 20 minutes later than our tour time, and we were able to go up to the top and look at the view. It was awesome! I took pictures out of every window, and posted them on facebook.
Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.
Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.
Jesus Christ - in the Washington D.C. Temple Visitor's Center
Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.
Annanadale, VA Stake Christmas Tree
Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.
Me with the Nativity from the Philippines. It was BEAUTIFUL!
Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.
Me and My Father in front of the temple.
Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.
Siblings and I in front of the Temple
Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.
Me in front of the Nativity
Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.
Me with the lights :)
Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.
Me with the temple
Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.
Me with the temple
Last night, my family drove up to Maryland to see Katie and Connor's Christmas tree and to have Natalie's birthday dinner. It was delicious and super fun. After we ate, we drove down the street to the Washington D.C. LDS Temple where we walked around and saw all the Nativities and all the Christmas lights. First we went inside and walked around and saw the Christmas Trees and the Nativities inside. The Christmas trees were represented from stakes all around the D.C. area. The tree from our stake was hand decorated by Shelley Detton. It was really detailed and I was impressed. The Nativities were awesome, they really were. And the detail was incredible in some of them. Also, the majority of the Nativities were international. There were ones from the U.S. to Germany to Peru to the Philippines. Afterwards we went outside and saw all the lights and the ... formerly "live"... nativity. It was a very fun night.
I testify that the temple is the house of God. I know that when we attend the temple, we are blessed. I also know that if we live worthily to attend the temple, even if we can not get to the temple as often as we'd like, that we will be happy, and that we will be able to receive the richest of blessings. I testify that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church and if we live according to the words of the latter-day prophets, and if we are obedient, we will be able to return to our Father in Heaven again.
Anyways, that's all for now. More confessions to come.
You didn't take a picture of the Peruvian nativity? LAME. ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd my first thoughts when seeing pictures of you this post:
1) that coat is awesome!
2) you look great!
Merry Christmas!