 |
| JeanMarie, Allison, Me |
 |
| Me, Allison, JeanMarie in front of reflection pool |
 |
| Me with lovely temple |
 |
| Me with our stake christmas tree |
 |
| Allison and I with the Christ statue |
 |
| Picture 1 with camel |
 |
| Picture 2 with camel |
 |
| Picture 3 with camel... I know, I'm cool ;) |
 |
| Allison, Me, JeanMarie with temple! |
 |
| Isn't it beautiful?! |
So JeanMarie planned this little outing to the D.C. temple with two of her friends from high school, and invited me along. I, of course, invited Allison VanGilst who is my life long neighbor and invited her along. Surprisingly, Allison had never been to see the D.C. temple, or the temple lights before, so it was great! And even though I had gone up to the temple two days before, I knew that it would be a lot of fun to go again, this time with friends.
First we went to the This Is The Place store next to the temple and I bought some little gifts for my mother and father and some yummy lollipops that I shared with some friends. We came across these posters that were of presidents and book of mormon "heros" and they were HILARIOUS! It made all these men look all mystic and it was so funny. Allison, JeanMarie and I were losing it.
Then we went to the temple and walked around the inside, looking at the trees. Then we looked at all the nativities. It was a lot of fun because we all picked out our favorites and told eachother why we liked them. Then we went out and looked around the visitor's center and talked to different missionaries and just listened to the different displays around about the book of mormon. Afterwards, we went outside and looked at the lights and the nativity. We decided to take free camel rides. Aka, sit on the camel and take pictures. It was so much fun. At first I was worried that the camel would break if I sat on it, but everything turned out juuuust fine :) We each got multiple pictures on the camel. All I can say is "good times good times". Of course, those good times were in between very long drives to and from the temple as we got stuck in lots of traffic. Even when it wasn't rush hour! Oh well, totally worth it!
Anyways, that's all for now. More confessions to come.
- J
No comments:
Post a Comment