Friday, March 9, 2012

UAC Banquet

A few weeks ago I got a call from the Accessibility Center at BYU where I receive assistance every semester. They informed me that the Jenkins' Family had selected me, along with many other students, volunteers, faculty and UAC staff, to receive a 1500$ scholarship for the Winter 2012 semester. I was beyond thrilled. 

March 7, 2012  was the day of the luncheon and banquet.

Morning of March 7th, I met the other recipients at a luncheon where we were to meet Brother and Sister Jenkins. Brother Jenkins sat at my table. Turns out, he and his wife are in the Ashburn Virginia Stake and serve in the Washington D.C. temple. I thought that was way cool, even cooler that he knew my dad! (Since he is baptistry coordinator, and my dad is a bishop, they've corresponded back and forth preparing for the youth temple trip coming up.) The luncheon was delicious! They served salad, bread, ice water, chicken alfredo, and chocolate mousse.  

All the recipients with the Jenkins'!

Another pic of all the recipients. 

Brother and Sister Jenkins + Me

Brother and Sister Jenkins + Me

New friends from the luncheon/banquet!

Jessica + friend + me
Evening of the banquet, I left class early and headed to the wilk. The banquet was HUGE. I can't believe the Jenkins' funded all those scholarships and the banquet. It was more than generous!! The food was delicious as well, not sure what it was exactly, but there were these creamy potatoes, and cheesecake for dessert. It was my first cheesecake, and I'm not sure how I feel about it... It was alright, but not my favorite. At my table was my good friend Sean Good (hahaha good, Good... I'm so weird!), Natalie and Kenny (+Adelaide), and then Dr. Hill and his wife. I was so surprised to see Dr. Hill there, but turns out they contacted the department and wanted someone representing the RMYL department at the banquet as I received my award. It was very kind of him to come.

My table at the banquet.

Dr. Hill, Me, Sean, Kenny, Addie, Natalie

Adorable child.

Receiving my award!

Getting pictures taken:)

Smiling for the cameraaaaaa.

Me and Natalie

Me and Nat

Dr. Brian Hill, me, his wife

centerpiece

Sean and Me

Me and Sean

President Samuelson and Me
Overall, it was a very good day. I was stuffed from all the good food, and I was edified by all the speeches given by both the Jenkins' and the Keynote speaker. I appreciate the support from my friends and family during this time:)

Anyways, that's all for now. More confessions to come.

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment