Hello my friends. I recently took a voyage. An extremely excellent adventure. As you read in my last post, I went home for a week and a half. This is what I did:
1- Went to a Nationals vs. Brewers baseball game. Brewers won, of course.
2- Went to Katie + Connor's apartment and spent the night.
3- Babysat at the Washington D.C. Temple, and was able to see a lot of familiar faces, including my home stake president, one of his counselors, and Bishop and Sister Stokes (Adam's parents), etc.
4- Visited with Sarah Wink tons! and I got to see Matt Ballew :)
5- Played basketball with Kim, Talia, Heidi, and her kids, and went back to my house for pancakes and a movie.
6- Dinner with the Beans (hadn't seen them in a while- gabriella was huge!)
7- Saw Bandslam with my family, it is one of Molly's favorite's, and was a GREAT movie :) There was this one REALLY awkward scene that got us all screaming.
8- Watched a thousand movies (almost) with molly, myself, and random other people.
9- Had family pictures taken! It was supposed to be outside, but it was storming...
10- We went out to eat at Olive Garden before bandslam with help from giftcards from Trent and Lyndi. Thanks guys!
So there are the 10 things I can remember. There was also that time when we played games with Trent and Lyndi, but Lyndi kicked my butt, so I'd rather not talk about that ;) And there was that time we met half way with Asialene, but she deserves more than a bullet, so here we go: We decided to meet up with Asialene, so she drove half way down from Philadelphia, and met them halfway driving up from Fairfax. We met in some random hopunk town, Molly was scared, and I enjoyed teasing her :) We finally met up at a T.G.I.Fridays cause iHop (where were planned to meet) had been closed for years... so that didn't really work. After we ate, we went to a neighboring park where we played all sorts of games my mother brought, and rode scooters. It sure was a good ole time riding those scooters. It had been too too long. Ha ha. Overall, it was an excellent day, especially since I got to see what an incredible mother, person, and friend Asialene is. She just awed me in how wonderful of a mother she was. Two thumbs up to her for sure.
So Monday the 24th I flew home after being in VA/DC for a little over a week. Natalie and I flew back together, and we had two flights. The first, she got me a high number, so I was able to board the plane as one of the first 20 people. I saved Nat a seat, and so we sat row 3 right side aisle and middle seat. Perfect. Then on our second flight if we wanted to sit up close to the front so we could get off quick when we landed, we had to split up. So we did, and I sat in a middle seat next to one scary scary man and one extremely nice gentleman. After the crowds were down, he turned to my sister and said, "Did you wanna sit with your friend?" And he traded her spots. What a nice man! So that meant I could lean on her and sleep some :) If I would've done that before the switch, that could have been extremely awkward. Ha ha. Oh goodness.
Now I've been back in Provo, Utah for a couple weeks now, and let me just tell you something. I miss having no one here like it was all summer. The streets are now crowded with a million people crossing all the time. Turning left on a green light is nearly impossible I must say. I pull out in the intersection and just wait and wait and wait and wait (I could go on forever) until the light turns yellow and you go. Luckily the people usually run away from your car when you do that ;) haha. Anyways, there are just too many people, too many cars, too long of lines. I miss the loneliness. Worst part of everyone coming back must be this though: All my "best friends" from freshman year are back (well the girls are, the guys are on missions) and not one has made any effort to see me. Well thanks friends. I'll just be here by my lonesome self. I guess I like that anyways. . .
Also, I got some good news when I got back to Provo. I was asked to open for j.wride, one of my favorite local bands. I will be singing and my cousin Jon Young will be accompanying me. There are two shows on September 18th, 2009. One at 7 pm and one at 9 pm. Tickets are sold at the door for 6$. Jon and I will be performing, opening for j.wride, for the first show (the one at 7) and will be performing for 20-30 minutes. We would LOVE your support if you are in Provo, or a neighboring area. The concert is at Muse Music Cafe (they have the most delicious sandwiches, kettle chips, and italian sodas) which is located at 151 N. University Avenue, Provo, Utah. If you have any questions about the concert, just ask me :) And i'll tell you everything you'd like to know.
This week all I really did was work. Thats all I've done the past two weeks. I work full time, so thats hard. But, I'm sure I am developing a work ethic that will stick with me and that's important.
1- Went to a Nationals vs. Brewers baseball game. Brewers won, of course.
2- Went to Katie + Connor's apartment and spent the night.
3- Babysat at the Washington D.C. Temple, and was able to see a lot of familiar faces, including my home stake president, one of his counselors, and Bishop and Sister Stokes (Adam's parents), etc.
4- Visited with Sarah Wink tons! and I got to see Matt Ballew :)
5- Played basketball with Kim, Talia, Heidi, and her kids, and went back to my house for pancakes and a movie.
6- Dinner with the Beans (hadn't seen them in a while- gabriella was huge!)
7- Saw Bandslam with my family, it is one of Molly's favorite's, and was a GREAT movie :) There was this one REALLY awkward scene that got us all screaming.
8- Watched a thousand movies (almost) with molly, myself, and random other people.
9- Had family pictures taken! It was supposed to be outside, but it was storming...
10- We went out to eat at Olive Garden before bandslam with help from giftcards from Trent and Lyndi. Thanks guys!
So there are the 10 things I can remember. There was also that time when we played games with Trent and Lyndi, but Lyndi kicked my butt, so I'd rather not talk about that ;) And there was that time we met half way with Asialene, but she deserves more than a bullet, so here we go: We decided to meet up with Asialene, so she drove half way down from Philadelphia, and met them halfway driving up from Fairfax. We met in some random hopunk town, Molly was scared, and I enjoyed teasing her :) We finally met up at a T.G.I.Fridays cause iHop (where were planned to meet) had been closed for years... so that didn't really work. After we ate, we went to a neighboring park where we played all sorts of games my mother brought, and rode scooters. It sure was a good ole time riding those scooters. It had been too too long. Ha ha. Overall, it was an excellent day, especially since I got to see what an incredible mother, person, and friend Asialene is. She just awed me in how wonderful of a mother she was. Two thumbs up to her for sure.
So Monday the 24th I flew home after being in VA/DC for a little over a week. Natalie and I flew back together, and we had two flights. The first, she got me a high number, so I was able to board the plane as one of the first 20 people. I saved Nat a seat, and so we sat row 3 right side aisle and middle seat. Perfect. Then on our second flight if we wanted to sit up close to the front so we could get off quick when we landed, we had to split up. So we did, and I sat in a middle seat next to one scary scary man and one extremely nice gentleman. After the crowds were down, he turned to my sister and said, "Did you wanna sit with your friend?" And he traded her spots. What a nice man! So that meant I could lean on her and sleep some :) If I would've done that before the switch, that could have been extremely awkward. Ha ha. Oh goodness.
Now I've been back in Provo, Utah for a couple weeks now, and let me just tell you something. I miss having no one here like it was all summer. The streets are now crowded with a million people crossing all the time. Turning left on a green light is nearly impossible I must say. I pull out in the intersection and just wait and wait and wait and wait (I could go on forever) until the light turns yellow and you go. Luckily the people usually run away from your car when you do that ;) haha. Anyways, there are just too many people, too many cars, too long of lines. I miss the loneliness. Worst part of everyone coming back must be this though: All my "best friends" from freshman year are back (well the girls are, the guys are on missions) and not one has made any effort to see me. Well thanks friends. I'll just be here by my lonesome self. I guess I like that anyways. . .
Also, I got some good news when I got back to Provo. I was asked to open for j.wride, one of my favorite local bands. I will be singing and my cousin Jon Young will be accompanying me. There are two shows on September 18th, 2009. One at 7 pm and one at 9 pm. Tickets are sold at the door for 6$. Jon and I will be performing, opening for j.wride, for the first show (the one at 7) and will be performing for 20-30 minutes. We would LOVE your support if you are in Provo, or a neighboring area. The concert is at Muse Music Cafe (they have the most delicious sandwiches, kettle chips, and italian sodas) which is located at 151 N. University Avenue, Provo, Utah. If you have any questions about the concert, just ask me :) And i'll tell you everything you'd like to know.
This week all I really did was work. Thats all I've done the past two weeks. I work full time, so thats hard. But, I'm sure I am developing a work ethic that will stick with me and that's important.
Anyways, thats all from this teenage drama queen. More confessions to come.
- J

Okay, i have officially decided that Bandslam is my all time favorite movie. not just one of my favorites. THE best.
ReplyDeleteThe nice man on the plane reminds me of when we went to Ohio and I started crying because we were gonna split up and some nice man saw and gave up his seat so that we could sit together. Remember that?
The concert is SO exciting. I wish i was in Utah so that i could see you! Too bad. Instead, i will be starting my second week of school. yuck.
Good luck singing! That sure would have been fun to go to (if I didn't live 1000 miles away.) Have someone record it so we can still enjoy it! :)
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about campus being crazy in the fall after a fabulously calm and empty spring/summer. I always loved going in the spring and summer. Good luck!