Saturday I met up with my cousin Mckay Thomas and his wife Stephanie. We drove down to SLC, starting out with glasses of apple beer from Provo. We had a lot of laughs as we talked about random things in life. It wasn't one of those moments or days where everything is so extraordinary, but rather one of those moments where even the simplest statement makes you laugh, and the most casual activities make the most sense for a good time. We went to the apple store where McKay bought a new macbook pro, and I brought my macbook in for repair. We also went to a handful of stores/boutiques where Steph looked around for some new work clothes, and McKay and I danced to the music in the stores. Rachel and her boyfriend met up with us for a little bit while we walked around in stores. It was fun to meet her boyfriend, who've I heard a lot about recently. Anyways- it was just a grand ole time. (I've been saying that a lot recently, huh?) Then McKay and Steph took me out for dinner. They also let me pick! :) So, I chose Tucanos. If you haven't been, and you have some extra money, or a birthday coming up, go! There is one in Albuquerque, Salt Lake City, Provo, and Boise. If you're close to any of those locations, go. Lunch is 12.95 and dinner is 19.95, plus 3.25 for a Brazilian Lemonade (which is a must). Yes, it seems expensive, BUT there is UNLIMITED meat! More types of meat than you can ever imagine. And there is a salad buffet, and fried bananas, and deliciously cooked pineapple. All unlimited, as much as you want, until you are ridiculously full. Yes indeed. The most delicious meal you will ever eat in your entire life. (Plus, during your birthday month, and the month after, you get a free meal card.) The Brazilian Lemonade is extra, but so so worth it, they are so so delicious. Everything is. Anyways, it was the most delicious meal ever. You should try it sometime. :) YUM.
The we drove home. Unfortunately, this was all during the BYU vs. #3 Oklahoma football game. I was wearing my game day shirt to support the cougars! but was that enough? No. So, I had friends texting me updates of the score. At "2 minutes" (the last 15 minutes) left, we put the game on the radio. I think I was screaming and freaking out that whole time. That game was INCREDIBLE. I totally called it my friends. Yes, even though we were playing the #3 ranked team, I still said we'd win it. My prediction was actually 28-24 BYU. But hey, I was close. It was at the new stadium in Dallas, so its not like either team had the bonus of being on their home turf, and since BYU has a history of starting out strong, I knew they could do it. And they did! Yay! Good job BYU!
Then today I went to breakfast at Kneaders in Provo with my cousin Mandi and her husband Nick Coroton and their son Jude, Nick's sister, and then Mandi's siblings (and my cousins) Jon and Becky. I picked up Jon and Becky and we met Mandi there. Some got the refillable french toast (which was so good!) and some got sandwiches. I got a sandwich and a delicious smoothie. Then Jon and I drove to the gateway. We first went to Aldo, which is one of my new favorite stores. Then we walked in Anthropologie and we played the "Guess how much this can cost" game. Twas fun. Then we went and picked up my computer from the Apple store. We got smoothies from some ice cream place and the drove to Murray. We went to this intense music/guitar store where there were a million guitars. We went into the Acoustic room and played and sung with the expensive guitars practicing for our concert. Then I pulled out a Ukulele and learned a new song. ** FYI Ukulele's are my absolute favorite things ever. If anyone wants to be generous for a birthday present, you could buy me one, or go in on one, and I would love you for forever and a day. ** Then we drove back to Provo. Overall, it was just a great day spending time with my twin and getting excited for our birthday in a few weeks. Yay!
Oh yeah, also, we figured something out. Lyndi Pratt is a Junior, I am a sophmore, and Jon Young is a freshman, and we realized that we will all be the age of 19 for 5 days. How cool is that?! Weird! Haha. Its right after Jon and I's birthday when we turn 19 and right before Lyndi turns 20.
So, that was what my awesome weekend was like! And that is what dreams are made of :)
Anyways, thats all from this teenage drama queen. More confessions to come.
- J
No comments:
Post a Comment