Ryan Smith & Me
Once upon a time in the towns of Sandy and Provo, little Ryan Smith grew up. He turned in his mission papers and got called to serve in Russia for his mission. One sad day it was time to say goodbye. It was also a happy day, especially for Ryan though. The following families/individuals met at Brick Oven for a farewell luncheon just moments before young Ryan went into the MTC: Young Family; Carol, Natalie, and Jenny Baker; and Ole, Tyler, and Ryan. We had a grand time, and it was good to see the Young family again, and say my final goodbyes to Ryan. He is one of my best friends, and we spent a lot of time together before he left. He will be greatly missed, but I wouldn't want him anywhere else.




Anyways, I had a great ending to a very stressful work week. Then Saturday night Emily Tsai, Michelle Drennan, and Natalie came over and I made dinner. Broccoli and Potato side circles, biscuits, Baked Chicken Breast (natural chicken breast cooked in chicken broth, then topped with a breaded topping), and green beans. It was most delicious, everything, even the scraps were eaten :) My guess is that means a successful meal. Yay!
Anyways, thats all from this teenage drama queen. More confessions to come.
So this past week has been very.... exhausting. Work has gotten more stressful and overwhelming, and I am struggling to stay afloat. Luckily monday was a holiday, so I didn't have to work, and then Friday, I got a little break. First of all, I woke up at 7 am and went to the Hospital in Provo for some tests, labs, and blood work. I now have a huge bruise where the needles were poked into my poor helpless arm. (For the record, I am not afraid of needles, or blood, but I do have a fear of foreign objects going into my body. Eek.) Afterwards I made my way over to where I work. BUT today was going to be a day like no other! We met up, and Caitlin came with me in my car. We drove down to Saratoga Springs, UT. There we went to a private "pool" which was over the natural hotsprings, which means that the pool, was naturally heated, along with both of the hot tubs. It was awesome!

Here is one of the natural hot spring streams that filtered from the hot springs pool. :)
It was so warm, and it felt so nice to walk through the stream.
Then we had a BBQ, I grilled the hot dogs. Delicious.
From (L) to (R): Brandon, Me, Karen, Reed, Caitlin, Michelle.
Then we went on Karen's boat into Utah Lake. First, we had to drive the boat into the lake, that was awesome!
Then we drove out in the Lake. Brandon went tubing first, then Caitlin and I went together, and then I went alone. So so fun!




My shoulder killed, and Karen went crazy driving, and I almost fell off. But it was so so much fun! As you can probably see from the pictures. Ha ha. Anyways, it was great.
And as fun as it was. Look at the burns I got. I've never burned in Utah, so I didn't know how fast I would burn. My whole head, forehead, nose, cheeks, ears, shoulders, arms, legs, hands, shins, everything. Completely lobster red. Ouch! Lets just say sleeping is a total pain.

Anyways, I had a great ending to a very stressful work week. Then Saturday night Emily Tsai, Michelle Drennan, and Natalie came over and I made dinner. Broccoli and Potato side circles, biscuits, Baked Chicken Breast (natural chicken breast cooked in chicken broth, then topped with a breaded topping), and green beans. It was most delicious, everything, even the scraps were eaten :) My guess is that means a successful meal. Yay!
This weekend was also plugged with rehearsals for THIS Friday's concert at Muse Music. Jon and I have been practicing a ton, and I am still feeling way nervous about it. Tickets did go down to only 5$! So thats good :) Hopefully more people can make it. And if you have any questions about the concert, just ask. I perform at 7pm THIS Friday! 151 N. University Ave.
Anyways, thats all from this teenage drama queen. More confessions to come.
- J


Oh you poor thing! That sunburn looks so painful! I hope you get better soon. Slather on the aloe vera! Good luck at your concert. I still wish I could go!
ReplyDeleteI love that picture of you and Ryan! So cute! I'm glad you got one. I didn't even do that - lame sister that I am!
ReplyDelete