Monday, September 21, 2009

"This back-breakin', bone-shakin', belly-achin', hard-workin' two more hours to go"



Thursday night, I went to the BYU Women's Volleyball game versus San Diego State. A girl from my freshman ward, Nicole Warner #15, was playing. She did a great job, and played a fair amount of the game. She was excited to see me there supporting her in her first game as an official player (she red shirted last season). *My friend Jimmy met up with me at the game so I wouldn't have to be alone, what a nice fella. :)
During the game Jimmer Fredette #32 (basketball) walked up and sat in the athletic seating right behind me two rows back. He is my absolute favorite basketball player ever, and it is especially exciting having him play at BYU. His high school record alone is impressive, and ever since playing in the NCAA-college level, he has excelled. Anyways, so he walked in and sat behind me. The whole game I was texting Natalie saying how I would love to get a picture with him, so at the end of the game, I turned around and asked him. His friend grabbed the camera, and he stepped down to where I was standing and got a picture with me. I thanked him and went on my way. But let me just say, that was one of the best moments of my college life. :)

(From a basketball game last year... Jimmer is MY homeboy :)
(I mean, look at that shot!)
(Its love.)


So after the volleyball game, I headed over to the Cougar Stadium for the pep rally. It was exciting and Max Hall was encouraging us, and getting us pumped for Saturday's game. As the football players let us see, we are number 1! No matter what the AP rankings say, we're as good as we say we are :) It was so fun to be in the stadium at 10 at night with fans cheering our football team. Tried, true, and bleeding blue.
Speaking of football... Saturday was the BYU vs. Florida State game. Even I thought we'd dominate, even though part of me worried we weren't giving Florida State enough credit, and sure enough they went into that game with a certainty they would play well, and they sure did. But despite our 17 ranking drop (BYU is now #19 in the AP rankings), I am still a Cougar fan. My support has been tried, but i'll be true. I am bleeding blue :)


Saturday night I went out with a friend Carter, who I met over Thanksgiving last year in Idaho. He is now a freshman at BYU. We had a good time just hanging out and dancing the night away. It was good to get out of the apartment for once.

Sunday was such a great day! I went to Natalie's church, and it was just amazing. We had the giggles the entire 3 hours, but we also got so much out of the meeting. We learned that our Stake theme is D&C 6:34, 36 which just happens to be my absolute favorite scripture thanks to my seminary teacher from junior year Sister Westwood. :) Then we went straight to my Uncle Dave and Aunt Carol's house for sunday dinner. My cousin's Lyndi and Kyle came along for dinner. It was so so much fun. My cousin Skyler and I grilled the dinner. We grilled steak, chicken, and delicious pineapple. I have to say, we were worried about the pineapple, but it was sooooo good.

That night I was able to visit with my best friends from freshman year. I got to see and hang out with Angela, Rachel, Kelsey, Hannah, and best of all Lisa. These ladies are incredible. We had a good time just sitting around, catching up, and doing practically nothing. It was perfect.

Anyways, thats all from this teenage drama queen. More confessions to come.

- J






ps. I'd like to wish Sister Julie Stokes a VERY Happy Birthday!

Its that special time of year-

Birthday celebration cheer.

At this moment i’d like to say:

"Happy Birthday today."


I wish you well, my heart of that could tell

I hope your day goes oh so swell!

So happy birthday to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment