Thursday, January 7, 2010

I think everyone has hated a boy or two (or a few dozen) in their life time. So, because this is "confessions of a teenage DRAMA queen", I will do some confessing about my hate for boys. At this moment, I am still deciding if I should find and post pictures of all the jerks out there... I guess we'll find out in the end if i'm brave enough (like taylor swift maybe..) to do so.

I go through these "phases" where I decided I don't like boys anymore... As in, I still like boys, but at the current moment I have chosen to HATE them. Even if that is quite the intense word, I still wish to use it.. It fits my intense emotions.

So why do I hate them? Here are 50 reasons.

1. They are adorable. All of them.
2. They say sweet things... and mean it.
3. When they smile... I get red cheeks and smile.
4. Every song makes me think of them.. happy and sad ones.
5. I tear up when I see past love.
6. They never apologize for breaking your heart.
7. You feel bad if you break their heart... even though they broke yours first.
8. Boys treat girls like guitars, they play them for a while and love it, and then get bored and move on.. not fair, not fair.
9. They claim they can have a girlfriend and still have you as their girl friend.. lies.
10. Their girlfriends like to make friends with you.. and it makes you want to vomit.
11. They make you scream.
12. There's not a moment of the day you don't have atleast one boy on your mind.
13. They lie. Not all the time, but it happens.
14. They say not to take offense when they say they don't like you, and ask to still be friends.. yeah right! Like thats really going to work.
15. If he says he likes you.. he won't ever say why. He'll just hold your hand and call it good.
16. He thinks its cheesy when you pair him up with a love song.
17. They pressure you.
18. You do something nice and sweet, and they think its creepy. yes that has happened multiple times.
19. You compliment them, and they say the EXACT same thing back. Way to cheat.
20. They think of the here and now, and take no concern on what you might feel now, and in the future.
21. They ask to "study" and you can never tell if they mean "study" or actually studying..
22. When you do actually study, they want you to do most of the work.
23. They flirt to get things like free rides, help with school, or advice.. Not cool boys, not cool.
24. When they play the piano (or another instrument) and it melts your heart.. you have to remember that song melted like 12 girls hearts in the past week.
25. They have no creativity! (when it comes to "winning" you over, or dates..)
26. They are irresistible.
27. They are near impossible to get over.. and you'll never get over your first love.
28. They lead you on, treating you like they might like you when they just want to get to your best friend (yes that has happened more than I'd like to mention).
29. You love them even when you wish you could punch every boy in the face.
30. "Bubbly" by Colbie makes you think of a certain boy, and makes you smile...
31. And "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles and "Soulmate" by Natasha Bedingfield make you cry and think about those jerks who broke your heart. (and make you more lonely in the process.)
32. Can't live with them, can't live without them.
33. When you are in a movie theater, you just want to hold a boy's hand, as cheesy as it is..
34. You love it when a boy finally sits down and watches a movie like the "Notebook" and then wanna cry when he makes fun of it when deep down you wish he'd love you like that.
35. They're just idiots.
36. They seem to have some sort of "charm" or magic spell that just intrances (sp?) you.
37. They offer help, but don't really want to offer it.
38. Boys love to tell you all about their old girlfriends but hate it when you have a story about one stupid boy that you want to share.
39. Even after you've "moved on", they still make you cry.
40. They break your heart, you hate it, and yet, you can't seem to let go (or all the sudden they decide they want you back.. and as taylor swift would say, "
its too late for you and your white horse to catch me now..")
41. They are dumb... you know why.
42. You think he is just your "best friend" and then you realize you are practically "in love" with him.
43. They are so dang attractive.. even if at first they aren't.. after a while, they are.
44. They go on missions.. Okay, I'm super glad they do. But two years is a long time! for real.
45. They like to have girlfriends, and not tell you. Meanwhile, you decide you really like them.

46. They win at everything! Its just irritating.
47. When you say you don't like a certain sport, they boy looks like he's gonna pass out. #1, its not that big of a deal. #2, stop acting like a girl.
48. They act more dramatic than a lot of girls, and still claim there's "no drama" surrounding them.. HA HA HA. Good one.
49. You always wish he'd write a song about you, and before you know it, you realize you've written 7 songs about him... Ridiculous, I know. I still can't believe I wasted all that time.
50. Its not that they break your heart, it happens, it hurts, you eventually move on... Its the ones that shatter it and break it into a million pieces. Or even worse, the ones who bruise your heart.. You can always glue back together a broken, or even a shattered heart. But a bruise, takes more than time to heal.. And it hurts a lot more.



So thanks BOYS. (No, you're not men.) Thanks for all your help. Thanks for teaching me about why boys are such idiots. And here's to you boys:





If you think of any other (or better) reasons.. feel free to fill me in. I'm sure I feel the same way :)

Anyways, this is one REAL confession from one broken-hearted teenage drama queen.
(And yes, I'm proud for being so bold.)

- J

4 comments:

  1. it gets better. Eventually. But it does. And then you look back at the broken and bruised hearts and find that it doesnt hurt anymore. (It may not hurt, but they are still jerks!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst is when you get over it and then realize that you, too, were an unintentional jerk sometimes. And that some guy out there (or his wife) is probably cursing your name just as much as you are cursing your own jerk. Bah!

    That said, in college my best friend and I made a compilation of boy-hater songs and burned a cd for each of us called Bitter Boy CD. It rocked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm impressed you included pictures. That's intense.
    ~Natalia~

    ReplyDelete
  4. try something new and maybe things will change.

    ReplyDelete