Sunday, January 17, 2010

Life happens... "Every man dies. Not every man really lives." (William Wallace)

Sometimes people frustrate me. I put so much faith in them coming through, even when as usual, they don't pull through. Maybe I shouldn't have so much faith in them, in human kind, but if I give up the faith I have in them, what do I have? Nothing. Summary: If you promise you are going to do something for me, with me, etc. you BETTER pull through. If you can't, tell me, and for my sake, be honest. I deserve that much at least... So to everyone who has ever let me down... I deserve better.

Now to the week's updates:

I had another week of classes and work. Classes are starting to get harder, but calc is the only one I am struggling with. Work is the best part of my day. My co-worker Tyler is fantastic. He cracks me up, and he's just super honest and real. I never worry that what he is saying is just to please me, or anyone else. The other day at work he was teaching me how to change the big lights in the hallways and classrooms. He was wearing gloves as a precaution and was up on the ladder, he reached down to hand me the light. Unsure whether or not it was hot, I hesitated. He replied, "What? You don't trust me?" With that one comment, I reached up and grabbed the light. He laughed, I smiled. How could I not trust a guy like Tyler?

I am still working on playing the guitar but had a little set back when mister NICHOLAS POTTS snapped a string and broke it yesterday. He tried putting it back on... and failed miserably (and yes, you failed Nick). So my friend Chris when he was over last night put a new string on nice and snug. I will pick it back up this week. OH! I did write a new song. If you'd like to hear it, I might send it to you, depending on how much I like you :)

Speaking of Chris, he and I sang "Learn of Me" in Sacrament Meeting. Thanks to all those who came to support me :) I think it went well, and I enjoyed singing it. That kid has an amazing, but natural voice. I love it. And he is recently engaged to the LOVELY Kareena! I am super happy for the both of you- you are too too adorable.

I went on a date Friday night with Jordan, we doubled with Bethany and Dan. As usual (as atleast 50% of my dates have been) we went to a j.wride concert. This one was way neat because it was in his home in Pleasant Grove. They were brilliant as always and we discovered that Dan and Austin (the drummer) were in the same district during their mission. (weird, huh?) They let me hear a sneak peak of their new album, and yes, I was the first "fan" to do so. And yes, it makes me feel cool. But let me just say something here. I thought their last album was brilliant... this was a whole new level! It was incredible.

My life is getting lamer cause all I do these days is work, school, and sometimes sleep... So sorry about that. I didn't even go to the basketball game yesterday. How super lame is that? But it was good to have some down time. And I loved that.

Anyways- that's all from this teenage drama queen. More confessions to come.

- J

p.s. Sorry there's no pictures.. I've been a major slacker lately.

3 comments:

  1. i want to hear the song. and you better like me enough. :)

    your life is way more exciting than mine. the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only working, stuyding, and sleeping makes your lifes lame, then I think about 99% of the world have lame lives. And you, my friend, definitely don't have a lame life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with the guitar

    ReplyDelete